Work At FAR
FAR employs a wide range of professionals specializing in various areas of expertise. From administrative positions to therapists, everyone plays an important part of the team. FAR also offers many volunteer opportunities for all ages throughout the year. Find out more about employment and internship opportunities at FAR.
The very heart of FAR is its dynamic therapy team and dedicated administrative staff.
FAR employs a wide range of professionals specializing in various areas of expertise. From administrative positions to therapists, everyone plays an important part of the team. Find out more about employment opportunities at FAR.
Employment opportunities available at this time:
Click on links below to view descriptions or to get a copy of the FAR Employment Application
FAR recognizes internships as an important part of a therapist’s education and growth. To support the development of future therapists, FAR offers university-affiliated internships. If you would like to learn more about internships in any program at FAR, please contact Patty Karle, MT-BC, Director of Therapeutic Services, at THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2021-2022 Music Therapy Internship at FAR Therapeutic Arts and Recreation (October 2021-May 2022). Under the direct supervision of Liz Buckmaster, MEd., MT-BC, MT interns at FAR have the opportunity to experience a wide variety of clinical applications with a dynamic team of 9 board certified music therapists. While FAR has a standing university affiliation with Eastern Michigan University, other qualified candidates are welcome to apply with appropriate collegiate faculty approval. Interviews for this internship will begin the week of March 7 and continue until the position is filled.
Part Time Music Therapist
FAR Therapeutic Arts and Recreation is seeking a part time board certified music therapist to join their interdisciplinary team effective immediately. Hours for this position will primarily be small group work in area school districts with the potential of adding individual services in-house. Most hours will be during school hours but evening hours may also be available.
FAR is a community based, non-profit organization dedicated to providing a wide variety of therapeutic services to the special needs community in the greater Detroit area. Servicing Oakland, Wayne, and Macomb counties, the interdisciplinary team consists of art, music, dance, and recreation therapists.
For more information about FAR, please visit our website at www.FAR-therapy.org
All applicants applying for the music therapy position are required to have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited music therapy program
- Current MT-BC certification
- Experience working with the special needs community, including those with physical, cognitive, communicative and behavioral challenges
Successful candidates will also:
- Have experience working in a school setting
- Have strong personal integrity, be reliable and punctual
- Be a strong advocate for all creative and art-based therapies
- Be flexible, creative and self-motivated
- Possess excellent oral/written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Possess strong time management abilities
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Additional benefits for qualifying employees include:
- Company-matched Simple IRA savings plan
- Professional standards training